As the weather warms up, summer body prep is in full swing. Can you do enough to get ready in time? Unfortunately, hitting the gym may not be enough for a bikini body by summer. Loose skin, stretched out abdominal muscles, and stubborn fat are difficult, if not impossible, to get rid of through diet and exercise alone. For a flat tummy after weight loss or pregnancy, come see us. A tummy tuck can complement your summer body efforts, turning your hard work into lasting results. Rock that bikini this summer!
The Limits of Diet and Exercise
Diet and exercise are important for both your looks and your health. Unfortunately, they aren’t a fix-all solution to every problem. Diet and exercise can increase muscle and decrease fat, but they can’t make extra skin disappear or repair separated abdominal muscles. Some fat is diet and exercise resistant, practically impossible to lose using these traditional methods alone.
A tummy tuck can complement diet and exercise by removing extra skin, tightening and repairing loose abdominal muscles, and removing stubborn fat. This jumpstarts your summer body, but don’t stop there. Diet and exercise will help you to maintain and enhance your results. Tighter abdominal skin will show off your defined muscles and smaller waistline. Work hard to enhance your body as much as you can on your own and then come see us for a tummy tuck to enhance the results you’ve achieved. Finally, maintain your look through diet and exercise.
What Can a Tummy Tuck Do for Me?
Is a tummy tuck the right fit for your summer body goals? Choose a tummy tuck if you:
- Have excess skin after pregnancy or weight loss
- Want to restore a tighter, flatter abdomen
- Want to shrink your waistline and enhance your curves
- Have muscle separation (diastasis recti)
- Are close to your ideal weight, but are struggling with excess abdominal fat
For patients with a little excess fat, but good skin quality and no muscle separation, liposuction alone may achieve your goals.
Tummy Tuck Now- Results by Summer
Warmer weather is already here, and summer is quickly approaching. If you want to improve your body with a tummy tuck in time for summer 2018, you need to hurry in and get started on the process. Most patients are back to work in about two weeks, provided they work in an office or similar low-impact setting.
You’ll need to wear a compression garment full time for at least a month after surgery and half of the time for two more weeks. After six weeks, you’ll be ready to return to most activities, including water activities and exercise. You can start wearing a bikini as soon as you’re comfortable. Most patients find this occurs 4-6 weeks after surgery. You may have some residual swelling for a month or two, often depending on the extent of your procedure. Most incisions are low, below the bikini line and easily covered. Your incisions will be dark for several weeks or months after surgery. If you have an incision around the belly button, you may choose to avoid wearing a bikini this summer, although you’ll look amazing showing off your flat tummy in a one-piece. Your incisions should fade beautifully by next summer.
Tummy Tuck FAQs
Learn more about tummy tuck surgery and your other options for enhancing your summer body by calling our offices to schedule a consultation with Dr. Clinton. While you wait for your appointment, find answers to common tummy tuck questions below.
- Am I a Good Candidate for a Tummy Tuck? – If you’re thinking about a tummy tuck, come see us and we’ll help you decide if you’re a good candidate. The best candidates are typically close to their ideal weight and in good health with excess skin or muscle separation in the abdominal area.
- Can I Have a Tummy Tuck if I Want More Children? – Tummy tuck surgery is a common addition to a mommy makeover, a set of procedures designed to restore the body after pregnancy. It can correct many post-pregnancy body complaints including loose skin, stretch marks, abdominal muscle separation, and others. These changes are dramatic but can be quickly reversed by a future pregnancy. We recommend waiting until you’re finished bearing children to schedule a tummy tuck.
- Can I Pair a Tummy Tuck with Other Procedures? – A tummy tuck is an excellent complement to many aesthetic procedures including breast augmentation, liposuction, and post-bariatric procedures. Contact us for personalized treatment recommendations.
Is your tummy ready for summer? Come into Clinton Plastic Surgery to learn more about the tummy tuck. This transformative procedure can help you get your body swimsuit ready and is an excellent complement to the healthy habits you’re already practicing. Diet + exercise + tummy tuck = your best summer body ever. Call today and learn more.