When you don’t have time for plastic surgery, dermal fillers are one of the best ways to rejuvenate. With a quick, 15-minute procedure you can refresh your look without downtime or an extended recovery period. Dermal fillers can also be used to extend the results for your cosmetic surgical procedures. Fillers are one of our top procedures here at Reveal Beauty.
We love that dermal fillers provide long-lasting rejuvenation, and when patients periodically come in for reinjection of their selected fillers, they can enjoy a younger-looking appearance for years to come. These touch-up treatments only take a few minutes and extend results for many months. How often will you need a touch up after a dermal filler treatment? It all depends on the types of fillers used and the results you hope to achieve. We can provide a personalized treatment timeline during your consultation, before your first dermal filler treatment in Birmingham, AL.
Typical Treatment Timelines for Commonly Used Dermal Filler
Dr. Clinton has selected a wide range of dermal fillers for his plastic surgery practice. Each different type offers unique benefits. The longevity of your dermal filler treatment will depend on multiple factors, including the composition of the product used and your body’s response to the product. These treatment timelines are typical, but your results may last shorter or longer, depending on how you respond to treatment.
- Juvéderm – This versatile hyaluronic acid filler can be used on the whole face, including the lips for lip augmentation. Typical results last for 6-12 months.
- Voluma – Voluma is part of the Juvéderm family and is specifically designed for use on the cheeks. It is one of our longest lasting fillers and can last for up to two years in some patients.
- Radiesse- Radiesse is composed of hydroxylapatite microspheres. This treatment lifts sagging skin and helps to support the skin’s structure. Typically, results last up to a year after a Radiesse treatment.
- Sculptra- Sculptra is made from poly-L-lactic acid. This treatment works best on patients with significant facial aging. Most patients will require three initial treatments to start and results that last about two years.
- Restylane Family (Restylane, Restylane Lyft, and Restylane Silk)- Restylane fillers are hyaluronic acid fillers. A typical treatment will last for four to six months. Patients that come in for a quick secondary procedure can enjoy results much longer, usually 12 to 18 months after treatment.
Remember, these treatment timelines are estimations. Your results will depend on how your body processes and interacts with the filler and which filler product is selected.
How Long Do Results from Botox Last?
When talking about treatment timelines for dermal fillers, patients inevitably ask about Botox, a popular cosmetic injectable treatment. Cosmetic fillers and Botox are both injected into the skin, but Botox works differently than Juvéderm or Restylane. It is not a filler. Fillers restore volume. They fill in wrinkles, restore shape in the mid-face, and augment the lips. Botox also smooths wrinkles, but it accomplishes this goal by relaxing facial muscles. Many wrinkles are caused by muscle movement and by relaxing these muscles with Botox, patients enjoy smoother skin and fewer wrinkles. Results from a typical Botox treatment last for three to six months.
Refresh your skin without surgery. Schedule your dermal filler treatment at Reveal Beauty.